Friday, January 21, 2011

Guest Blogging: Stacy Deanne




Stacy-Deanne: Interracial Romance’s First Lady of Crime & Mysteries

A Behind-the-Scenes Look at “Giving up the Ghost”

Hi Everyone,

I am honored to be a guest on Jeanie and Jayha’s blog! I appreciate them for letting me hijack their space to give folks an inside look into “Giving up the Ghost” my fourth release coming in April 1, 2011!

I am very excited because this book is the first installment of my crime/mystery and interracial romance series. The main characters, Detective Brianna “Bree” Morris (black woman) and Detective Steven Kemp (white man) come from my last novel, “Melody” (2008/Simon and Schuster).

The Deal with Steven and Bree:

Steven and Bree have a very complicated but close friendship. It’s not easy to fight crime with someone you slept with on a regular basis. It’s even harder when one wants to relive the past. Steven’s the jilted lover who can’t let go of their love affair. With Bree it’s “her way or the highway”. She’s a nut he can’t crack though he loves trying. But don’t be fooled. Bree still has very strong feelings for Steven. You’ll have to read the series to see what passionate situations arise for these two ex-lovebirds. Throughout the series their friendship is challenged, rekindled feelings become hard to ignore, new love interests enter the equation and of course, many times they’re lives will be in danger.

And you’ll love every minute of it.

Why I Chose to Write a Series:

I got a lot of positive feedback from fans that enjoyed the Bree and Steven subplot in “Melody”. Seeing how I fell in love too, I knew their story could not end. They won my heart and there is so much I wanna explore with them. I hope the series ignites fans that are already familiar with Steven and Bree while bringing new fans and readers into the adventure. These two have become my favorite characters and I believe both are easy for readers to appreciate, admire and relate to.

It Ain’t All Hugs & Kisses:

Make no mistake. “Giving up the Ghost” is a full-fledged crime and mystery novel. I pull out all the stops. Sure there’s plenty of seduction, passion and romance but I stay true to my method in weaving a puzzle that’s not only as twisted as my warped little mind, but so mystifying you won’t be able to solve the case before the end.

But you’ll have fun trying!

Giving up the Ghost Sneak Peek:

Albany Detective Brianna “Bree” Morris is having the year from hell. A sadistic admirer has been stalking her for months and now her friend Cheyenne Wilson has been beaten and left for dead.

With her ex-lover and faithful partner, Steven Kemp, Bree thrusts herself into the case. It’s not long before they believe two unrelated British men are connected to the attack. Michael is a womanizing artist with a ferocious appetite for rough sex. Simon is a wealthy free spirit looking for love in all the wrong places, but has one too many skeletons in his closet.

Bree struggles to determine fact from fiction when it comes to Michael and Simon but her attempts are blurred by Michael's manipulation and her sexual attraction to Simon, who Steven’s convinced cannot be trusted.

Meanwhile the stalker does everything in his power to get close to Bree and his obsession evokes a spiral of violence.

Bree must trust her heart to find answers but her heart leads her to the most dangerous
man of all.


“Giving up the Ghost” (Peace in the Storm Publishing April 1, 2011). So save it to your wish list! It will be available in print as well as on Kindle and Nook!

Book two is coming 2012 so get “Giving up the Ghost” so you’ll be ready for the ride!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

http://www.twitter.com/stacydeanne
Search for me on Facebook too!

My titles are available where books and ebooks are sold including Amazon.com and other online retailers.

Thanks for having me!

Bio: Stacy-Deanne (Dee-Anne) is an award-winning novelist. She’s been writing professionally since the age of nineteen. She was born, raised and resides in Houston, Texas. Among Stacy’s many accomplishments and awards she was profiled alongside other notable authors in the 2006 book, “Literary Divas: The Top 100+ African-American Women in Writing”. The book was nominated for a NAACP award.

She is a true mystery buff. Her idols are Alfred Hitchcock and Edgar Allan Poe. Her favorite genres beside mysteries are romantic suspense, historical romance and interracial romance.
She prides herself on being one of the few black writers in the crime/mystery genre as well as the only IR author who writes mystery and crime as their main genre. She’s been penned by some as “The first crime/mystery novelist of IR books”. She loves interracial romance especially black women and white men stories and her mission is to make crime fiction and mystery a dynamic force in the IR genre.

5 comments:

Hales said...

COngrats Stacy! I look forward to diving in and reading this great book :) I'll have to go get the other one intro'ing them too :)

She said...

Good interview. Giving Up the Ghost sounds good. I love series. This is one I'll have to look into.

Unknown said...

Hey Stacy! Will be picking this up! Congrats sweetie, and I love the cover!!!

Serenity King said...

Hey, Stacy!

Can't wait to read this one. Congrats on the blog and the book. I am REALLY looking forward to the release of this one.

Hugs,

Serenity

Jeanie and Jayha said...

Thanks Stacy for guest blogging. JandJ

THE CROSS ROADS BOX SET A smorgasbord of genres, heroes, and heroines Brought to you from the pens of: Afton Locke Aliyah ...